About the job:
This position is multi-functional and will be responsible for assisting franchisees with the opening of new units and the training and implementation of systems and procedures. The person acts as a business consultant and trainer for franchisees of the Papa Murphy’s system, while complying with all PMI operating standards and procedures to build and maintain Five Star Stores. All activities must be committed to protecting the Papa Murphy’s brand. The Market Coordinator will work primarily with single and dual store owners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Insures that assigned stores operate in a clean and sanitary manner, following all PMI cleanliness and product quality standards, and that all products served are produced to proper PMI quality specifications.
- Coach franchisees with benchmark criteria to become and/or maintain a Five Star Store.
- Help franchisees develop concise and succinct business plans that are specific to building sales and profits. Plans must be results oriented, realistic and measurable. Follow-up on plan accomplishments and modify plans as needed for best plan results.
- Assist franchisees in identifying areas to improve upon to help optimize store profitability by reviewing main profit areas on a regular basis (each period for new franchisees with less than one year in the system) from store financials/P&Ls, income statements, etc. and develops plans for improvement of controllable line items. Compares store Profit After Controllables with standard and implements plans to bring store profitability in line with that standard.
- On site with New Store Openings, Grand Openings and store transfers to new and existing owners. Interfaces with the Division Marketing Manager to coordinate store advertising and marketing activities. Responsible for coordinating activities surrounding new store openings and grand openings. Works shoulder to shoulder with new franchise owners to ensure that the franchise owner is properly trained to run operations to PMI standards and to handle the guest volume generated by the grand opening plan.
- Perform regular post grand opening check-ins with owners for coaching and refinement of LSM plans and implementation tactics.
- Understands basics of construction/remodel processes and monitors development in their assigned areas using the New Store Opening Manual as a guide. Reviews the 13 week New Store Opening Checklist each week with a new franchise owner until their store opens.
- Ensure all assigned franchise owners participate in the CRM program. Reviews CRM reports for assigned stores and reviews with Franchise owners as needed to determine store level opportunities for improvement. Review Call Back reports on weekly basis and follow up with franchise owners on their customer complaints and insure the franchise owners have updated the website.
- Manages new franchise owner training schedule and communicates accordingly. Insures all documentation and proper sign-offs are sent to the Training Department in the Corporate Office.
- Conducts Take-N-Teach training sessions for franchise owners and/or their managers using the “Training in a Box” delivery system. Consults with each franchise owner to insure that each store has a trained and PMI certified Owner/Operator, Store Manager and Shift Supervisor(s) on staff.
- Conducts a minimum of one QSC report per assigned store per year, with additional QSCs or other reports and visits to be performed as dictated by store performance. Utilizes available management tools to evaluate and improve store performance as needed: QSC Reports, Peak Period Reports, CRM, Safety and Security Checklist, Phone Surveys, Customer Comments etc.
- Understands that the franchisee is their responsibility and provides “value added” assistance directly related to driving sales, improving profitability and improving store operations to building and/or maintain Five Star Store status.
To qualify, must have:
This position requires at least a college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Three to five years in quick service restaurant environment with marketing and training emphasis.
Requirements for this position:
- Exhibit a strong sense of initiative and the ability to work unsupervised, remain organized and productive.
- Knowledgeable of food borne illness and its causes.
- A working knowledge and understanding of Papa Murphy’s store level operations to effectively assist in the store environment.
- Knowledge of financial feasibility analysis models, basic understanding of P&L/balance sheet.
- Must have the ability to interface and maintain excellent professional relationships with a variety of audiences to include franchise partners, real estate brokers, legal resources and various internal support functions.
- Knowledge of print advertising and media a plus.
- Production and fulfillment experience preferable.
- Must be able to travel, by air and car, for business purposes.
What we offer:
Life, AD&D, & Long Term Disability
Paid vacations (10 days accrued first year), and holidays
Paid Sick/Personal Days (5/yr)
Flexible Spending Account/Section 125
401(k) with company match