About the job:
Successful candidate for this position will report directly to the Senior Vice President, Marketing, Strategy and Technology, this incumbent will work directly with senior executives across the company and board members from the private equity firm that owns the company. The Manager, Strategy & Analysis will lead strategic problem-solving efforts and spearhead the formation of key strategic initiatives designed to drive company growth. Projects will vary across three main areas: growth strategy, asset management, and cost reduction.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work with Senior Vice President, Marketing, Strategy and Technology to design and implement a strategic opportunity assessment and prioritization process.
- Facilitate problem-solving sessions with varied cross-functional teams.
- Complete analyses of opportunities using Excel spreadsheet or other tools.
- Prepare and deliver presentations on opportunities identified and analyzed.
- Participate in the preparation and reporting of Balanced Scorecard.
- Conduct deep dive analysis into past performance results in order to map out trends and identify key response variables; leverage these findings to identify growth opportunities.
- Develop and propose new product/channel ideas/marketing concepts.
- Provide strategic direction to supporting marketing teams in order to develop/execute new marketing ideas/concepts/tests.
To qualify, must have:
Bachelor’s Degree required. Masters in Business Administration from a top tier educational institution, preferred.
At least two years of strategy consulting experience from a top-tier firm. Experience in retail or the restaurant business is preferred.
Requirements for this position:
- Respected for skills at crafting a compelling story. Knows how and when to use different presentation approaches with different audiences.
- Self-starter. Disciplined. Respectful of diverse views and approaches. Tolerant. Passionate.
- Strong quantitative problem-solving and solution-structuring skills. Logical. Parsimonious approach to getting to answers. Productive.
- Experience developing financial models and analyses for strategic initiatives where ROI, IRR, NPV, and growth assumptions (CAGR) are critical factors that need to be considered accurately.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid understanding of response data modeling.
- Strong analytical skills - ability to conceptualize new ideas, strategies, etc.
- Rainmaker - can get it done.
- Results oriented; demonstrated success in overcoming obstacles and launching campaigns on time and on budget.
- Self-starter; able to seize opportunities with minimal direction.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint).
- Able to work in a fast-paced, growth oriented organization
- Online marketing knowledge/ability a plus.
- Reporting skills a plus.
- Must be able to travel, by air and car, for business purposes.
What we offer:
Life, AD&D, & Long Term Disability
Paid vacations (10 days accrued first year), and holidays
Paid Sick/Personal Days (5/yr)
Flexible Spending Account/Section 125
401(k) with company match