About the job:
Rapid growth QSR with innovative offering seeking innovative, strategic, product innovation and marketing leader with a broad set of marketing, product development and management skills.
This position leads the development of a product innovation pipeline which complements the brand strategy in order to drive long-term transaction and sales growth. The incumbent will develop a multi-year core product, pricing and margin improvement strategy; oversee conversion of the strategy into a successful stage-gate product development and testing process; and lead the team managing implementation of a product marketing calendar and supporting national media programs that supports consistent same store sale growth.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Establish long-term core product strategy, opportunity sizing and series of development and testing activities to bring new products to market. Work closely with consumer insights and marketing analytics team to understand compelling opportunities and convert insights into actions.
- Lead the development of product-based financial and marketing strategies that result in long-term revenue growth and improved corporate and store-level profitability.
- Evaluate and recommend price strategies that enhance the overall menu offering and competitive positioning across markets.
- Develop strong, effective partnerships with franchisees and internal partners.
- Partner with operations and field marketing leadership to obtain support for new product testing and successful roll-out of new product innovations.
- Lead the go-to-market strategy for new products, core products and value proposition with overall responsibility for the annual marketing calendar, pricing and promotion that support achievement of sales goals.
- Act as executive leader of stage-gate testing process and recommendation actions to senior leadership team as a result of testing outcomes.
To qualify, must have:
Bachelor’s degree required. Masters degree in business or marketing preferred.
- 15+ years of consumer goods or multi-unit restaurant product marketing and innovation experience.
- At least 5 years in a leadership role managing a cross-functional team with accountability for sales-driving initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience driving initiatives to obtain internal resources and senior executive support.
- Franchised retail or restaurant experience and experience working with franchisee-based advertising Co-ops preferred.
Requirements for this position:
- Experience with franchisees is important, and prior QSR experience is preferred.
- Ability to work cross functionally and with outside agencies.
- Strong analytical thinking. Demonstrated ability to analyze data and convert insights into actions.
- Possess a solid understanding of latest concepts and best practices for restaurant food and food-related product innovation.
- Core product management or category management skills in developing, managing and trouble-shooting product and category-based product and loss statements.
- Strong negotiation and superlative presentation skills.
- Must be a self starter; highly motivated. Proven ability to influence key decision makers and to manage results through influence.
- Highly responsive and adaptable. Outstanding written, verbal, and presentation skills. Proactive, results-oriented and organized. Team player, leader, coach, and model for others.
- Efficient use of personal computer and a working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Must be able to travel, by air and car, for business purposes.
What we offer:
Life, AD&D, & Long Term Disability
Paid vacations (10 days accrued first year), and holidays
Paid Sick/Personal Days (5/yr)
Flexible Spending Account/Section 125
401(k) with company match