About the job:
This position plans and directs accounting activities within division of assigned responsibility of the Papa Murphy’s Accounting Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages accounts payable including AP disbursement group which handles all check disbursements, 1099 and tax related matters for MS GP ERP systems and Vendor Relations.
- Manages accounting functions including maintenance vendor records and accounts payable related general ledgers sub accounts and ensure accuracy of the records and timeliness of reconciliations.
- Develops, implements and maintains systems, procedures and policies related to accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Manages monthly closing accounts payable and posting of month end information.
- Work with Senior Tax Director to furnish proper historical information for tax filing needs.
- Monitors spending for adherence to budget, recommends variances as necessary.
- Selects and hires A/P account specialist. Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance and development. Addresses performance issues, motivates and rewards employees, and recommendations for personnel action and promotions within allocated budgets and company guidelines.
To qualify, must have:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and education. A bachelor’s in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred.
Five or more years of accounting experience, one or more with leadership responsibilities.
Requirements for this position:
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software.
- Must have large ERP AP system experience, as well as 1099 filing experience.
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills.
- Good communication skills for communicating with support personnel and management.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
What we offer:
Life, AD&D, & Long Term Disability
Paid vacations (10 days accrued first year), and holidays
Paid Sick/Personal Days (5/yr)
Flexible Spending Account/Section 125
401(k) with company match