Corporate Office - Vancouver, WA
Date Posted: 4/2/2013
We are currently searching for a Store Planner at the Corporate Office in Vancouver WA.
About the job:
The Store Planner drafts detailed construction drawings, using computer-aided design software and stays within specifications used in planning and construction of Papa Murphy's Stores by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produces preliminary floor plans of new store development, existing store relocations, and remodels, maintaining Papa Murphy's International design standards.
- Transfers as-built survey and dimensions to AutoCAD file and construction summary.
- Collaborates with Franchise Owner and Market Coach/Market Leader to review and approve equipment layout for new stores, relocations, and remodels.
- Maintains database of building code enforcement for each jurisdiction.
- Distributes equipment layout and material take-offs for vendor proposal of equipment, small wares, décor package, and exterior signage.
- Reviews check-sets and monitors completion of final construction documents provided by architect vendor.
- Submits supporting documentation required for non-approved architect vendors.
- Investigates new design standards and specifications in relation to operational needs.
To qualify, must have:
Associate's Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2-4 years’ experience as AutoCAD Technician or retail/food service store planner.
Requirements for this position:
- Must be proficient in design software; spreadsheet software, word processing software, and Desktop AutoCAD.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Able to easily adapt to change.
- Detail oriented; strong organizational skills.
- Proven ability to solve problems and make good decisions in a fast-paced, retail environment.
- Demonstrate ability to collaborate within design team, while taking initiative to improve the business.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Impeccable customer service.
- Maintain and develop positive relationships with Franchise Owners and PMI staff.
What we offer:
Life, AD&D, & Long Term Disability
Paid vacations (10 days accrued first year), and holidays
Paid Sick/Personal Days (5/yr)
Flexible Spending Account/Section 125
401(k) with company match (after 1 yr)
To apply for this position, please email us as