Public Relations Manager
Corporate Office - Vancouver,Wa
Date Posted: 4/18/2013
We are currently searching for a Public Relations Manager, based in Vancouver WA.
About the job:
The Public Relations Manager will be responsible for driving earned media growth and awareness of the Papa Murphy’s brand across all markets. This position will manage the national PR agency relationship and consult on best practices with local PR agencies. Additionally, this position manages the flow of information regarding Papa Murphy’s as a brand and an organization to media.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for driving earned media success for Papa Murphy’s, telling our broader brand story of “bringing families together through food people love” nationally.
- Manage relationship with national Public Relations agency, including development of SOW, budget and facilitation of contract/PO approvals as needed.
- Acts as primary point of contact for media, setting up interviews, sharing talking points and providing follow-up information as necessary.
- Prepares subject matter experts for media conversations.
- Reviews and edits press releases.
- Support relationship with Franchise Sales Public Relations firm, including guidance on brand consistency, review and approval of releases and tactics, and other help as needed.
- Support relationship with local media and PR agencies, including guidance on brand consistency, review and approval of releases and tactics, and other help as needed.
- Compile compelling and comprehensive information for the media, including company facts, promotional details and specifically requested information.
- Ensure up to date information and asset usage in all earned media opportunities, including logos, photography and company facts.
- Keep press releases and About Us section on website up to date.
- Advocate for and develop relationship with a non-profit organization that aligns with our brand promise, use this relationship to drive national earned media growth.
To qualify, must have:
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, English or related field.
5 to 8 years of corporate communications experience in business to consumer environment. Experience developing communications content for written, web-based and video platforms. Related experience in branded consumer goods, chain restaurant, multi-unit retail preferred.
Requirements for this position:
- Extremely strong writing skills; concise, thoughtful approach to subjects through own writing or editing previously written materials.
- Strong business acumen; understands how the organization functions.
- Comfortable developing relationships with people in all levels of the organization.
- Agency/Vendor management experience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Strategic thinker, but tactically strong.
- Cross-functional team leadership.
- Strong, proficient communicator via written, web-based and/or video platforms.
What we offer:
Life, AD&D, & Long Term Disability
Paid vacations (10 days accrued first year), and holidays
Paid Sick/Personal Days (5/yr)
Flexible Spending Account/Section 125
401(k) with company match (after 1 yr)
To apply for this position, please email us as