Duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee and execute the commercial real estate development strategies in assigned Papa Murphy’s markets, including corporate goals, strategies, resource availability and target guest demographics.
- Network with real estate brokers, leasing agents, landlords and developers to understand market and trade area dynamics and identify potential sites.
- Educate new and existing Franchisees on the Papa Murphy’s real estate processes and the tools available for their use.
- Serve as a real estate consultant to Franchisees throughout the site searching and acquisition process.
- Assists Franchisees in obtaining real estate sites in highly visible and active areas, while keeping impact on other Papa Murphy's stores at a minimum.
- Guide the Franchisees through the development of their Site Packages; when satisfied that the Site Package correctly describes the site, including pros and cons, and the surrounding area and captures the Franchisees rationale for choosing their sites; drive the Package through the approval process.
- Coordinate efforts of multiple Real Estate Managers and a Real Estate Analyst covering a national geography.
- Work with Real Estate Managers to develop and maintain a pipeline of real estate projects, including strategic market planning, evaluation of potential new markets, site assessments, and feasibility analysis.
- Negotiate LOI’s, leases, purchase agreements and ancillary legal documents in coordination with approved legal resources.
- Works closely with the Vice President of Real Estate to coordinate preparation of project and program budgets.
- Present program/project updates to senior management.
- Develop and implement procedures and systems necessary to maintain proper records and afford adequate controls to meet project timelines and deadlines.
- Coordinate with construction, design and outside resources to expedite openings.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of requirements and regulations of real estate development.
- Lead the Real Estate Manager team to develop their skill sets.
To qualify, must have:
Bachelor's Degree in Real Estate, Finance or Civil Engineering preferred. 10+ years prior experience or knowledge of commercial real estate, preferably in a multi-unit franchise environment.
Requirements for this position:
- Ability to read and understand building plan documents and match building requirements to site limitations and make recommendations as to the viability of constructing the building on a given site.
- Experience in reading and interpreting market and demographic data and matching the site to the needs of the business.
- Ability to evaluate potential ROI of a site based on the terms available for the given site (such as lease compared to purchase).
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret legal documents and real estate contracts.
- Knowledge of financial feasibility analysis models, basic understanding of P&L/balance sheet.
- Requires good real estate negotiation and conflict resolution skills to negotiate win-win transactions and close deals.
- Working knowledge of basic financial tools, knowledge of and ability to use mapping techniques and commercial mapping software.
- Must have excellent oral and written skills to include formal presentation experience and the ability to prepare and present development presentations.
- Must have the ability to interface and maintain excellent professional relationships with a variety of audiences to include franchise partners, real estate brokers, legal resources and various internal support functions.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) as well as Outlook.
Must be able to travel, by air and car, for business purposes. Travel anticipated at over 50%.