Under the general supervision of the Chief Financial Officer, the Office Manager will oversee the organization and management of the Support Center operations, field based employee offices, procedures and resources to facilitate organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for supervising, coordinating and assigning the daily activities for the Front Desk Assistant.
- Analyzes and organizes Support Center operations and procedures such as personnel, information management, filing systems, requisition of supplies, and other support services.
- Researches and develops resources that create timely and efficient workflow, using appropriate business case methods.
- Maintenance and/or management of the corporate travel program.
- Reconciles travel expenses and submits expense reports for payment of corporate credit card following corporate expense guidelines.
- Establishes uniform correspondence procedures and style practices in conjunction with brand marketing.
- Working with the Legal Department formulates procedures for systematic retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records both internally and externally.
- Responsible for Support Center renovations, remodels, and working with contractors.
- Hands-on initial point of contact for building service providers.
- Coordinates back-up for front desk coverage when it is needed.
- Primary contact for building security vendor, 24 hours per day, seven days per week, responding as needed (with the exception of scheduled vacations).
- Using advanced facilities management skills and knowledge to maintain an efficient, safe, and viable working environment, including OSHA and fire regulations.
- Manage Safety Committee, scheduling regular meetings, evacuation protocols, front desk safety and following through with any safety issues that may arise.
- Development and adherence to department budget. Perform request for proposal and return on investment for shipping, supplies, copy/fax machines, and vending machines. Review and negotiate contracts through established processes.
- Oversight responsibility of all Vancouver based meetings; Socials, Picnics, etc.
- Design and implement Support Center policies and procedures.
- Back up for Front Desk Assistant as needed.
This position requires at least a college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. At least 8 years of office management experience.
Requirements for this position:
- Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Requires a strong “hands on” mentality that is calm yet high energy.
- Possess the ability to make decisions and trust their judgment.
- Requires excellent planning, organizing, prioritization, time, and work management skills.
- Must be able to adapt to changes in the work environment and able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Requires the ability to multi-task complex projects simultaneously, following through completion.
- Must be also able to perform under pressure and interact well with other people in a changing environment.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; work cooperatively with others as a member of a service-oriented team.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to groups and individuals.
- Must have intermediate level skills in MS Office Suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of the logistics of travel, transportation and hotel booking.
- Ability to write reports, event recaps and provide accurate and timely email and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, franchise owners, vendors, and the general public.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
Life, AD&D, & Long Term Disability
Paid vacations (10 days accrued first year), and holidays
Paid Sick Days (5/yr)
Flexible Spending Account/Section 125
401(k) with company match