About the job:
The Brand Marketing Manager manages projects associated with brand growth, primarily focused on the communication strategy behind in-store materials and external advertising. He/she will be a brand advocate, adhering to strict brand guidelines and communication hierarchies across all consumer channels to increase brand awareness and identity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- POP & Merchandising Materials Strategy
- Determine in-store materials and messages needed for monthly promotion and product tests to effectively reach consumers. Briefs internal designers and production managers on specific piece requirements. Reviews and approves artwork for production.
- Work with internal design studio, advertising and/or public relations agencies on creative development of promotional materials.
- Ensure semi-permanent merchandising is up to date in stores including support of programs such as gift cards and beverages/add-on sales items.
- Manage menu updates based on additions to required and optional product lists as well as nutritional regulations.
- Work with Supply Chain and Operations teams to ensure new packaging, uniforms and training materials meet Brand Guidelines standards.
- Brand Management
- Communicate and maintain overall brand positioning as well as sub-brand concept positioning.
- Create and lead marketing plans leveraging resources of Media, Marketing and PR teams.
- Develop product positioning strategy, including product naming.
- Broadcast Pricing and Custom Version Management
- Responsible for developing television and radio creative for market versions with external agency. Reviews and approves advertisements prior to trafficking.
- Work with national program team to ensure on-time availability of needed versions.
- Review and approves custom creative TV and radio submissions to ensure brand guidelines are upheld. Estimates custom creative TV and radio production costs for market requests.
- Digital Marketing Support
- Responsible for developing eClub messaging strategy to support monthly promotions and events.
- Maintain papamurphys.com messaging, including menu text and PDF, nutritional and allergen information and promotional homepage area.
- Provide guidance and brand messaging management of Social Media promotions, including sweepstakes and contests.
- Team Support
- Assist Ad Builder project working closely with Project and Fulfillment Manager and PMI Studio to develop creative pieces, and launch on time and on budget. Aids in ongoing maintenance to ensure site is always up to date with latest brand standards and necessary support materials.
- Create and maintain an internal status report on Brand Marketing projects.
- Perform other responsibilities as appropriate.
To qualify, must have:
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree from four-year college. Marketing, Advertising or Communications Major required.
Also requires 5+ years relevant work experience managing projects by leading cross-functional teams and a deep understanding of marketing fundamentals. Requires experience working at an advertising agency or in a corporate marketing department for a consumer retail brand. Restaurant or grocery category experience strongly preferred.
Requirements for this position:
- Requires basic office support skills.
- Must have intermediate level skills in MS Office Suite, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Must be able to use Adobe Reader.
- Ability to plan and coordinate a project, its tasks and dependencies, and to prioritize accordingly.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with high attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, versatile and adaptable in day-to-day activities conducted in a multi-site environment.
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to groups and individuals and able to develop, articulate and defend a point of view.
- Exhibit a team-oriented mindset and be able to maintain positive relations with vendors, franchisees and staff.
- Must be able to uphold a positive attitude with multiple rounds of changes, short deadlines, delays or unexpected events.
- Requires original thinking and creativity, the ability to generate suggestions for improving work, and the ability to develop innovative approaches and ideas.
What we offer:
Life, AD&D, & Long Term Disability
Paid vacations (10 days accrued first year), and holidays
Paid Sick/Personal Days (5/yr)
Flexible Spending Account/Section 125
401(k) with company match